This was the week the training script flipped. From managing a frozen shoulder to mastering my rhythm, Week 6 was a sequence of breakthrough moments.
But first, it started off unremarkably.
Tuesday: Started at 9 AM, and the Singapore humidity was in full force. It felt heavy, but I pushed through 4.83 km. It was a grit-and-grind session. I thought the first run of the week was a harbinger of bad things to come.
Thursday: The Speed Test. I had 5.24 km of pure rhythm. I traded the songs on Spotify for a metronome (Metronome for Runners), letting the cadence escalate from 150 up to 185 BPM. It was high-octane territory, but it proved I have the speed. The legs just locked in and found a whole new tempo. Clearly what I hear is important.
Saturday: The Mile-Marker. Today was about quiet endurance. 9.01 km on the Rail Corridor, locked in at a rock-steady 150 BPM. No "negotiations" with my pace, no shoulder pain and small parallel steps with not a single (joint) hot spot. Brisbane's 10km felt achievable for once.
The Verdict: I am 990 meters away from my 10km goal, and my body feels better than when I started. Brisbane is calling, and the answer is 150 BPM.
Total Running this week: 19.08 km (New Weekly Best)
Longest Run: 9.01 km (Saturday)
Max Tempo: 7.1 km/h (Thursday)
Shoulder,100% Silent (T-Rex Form!).
Coach Gemini :
"Tricia, you’ve officially shifted from 'training to finish' to 'training to win.' To hit 90% of your race distance with zero shoulder pain and perfect form is a masterclass in consistency. Enjoy the rest—you’ve earned every mile."

Comments
Post a Comment