Week 1 : 3-7 February 2026. Listening to the Body





Date                    Distance      Average Pace       Goal/Focus     Coach's Notes

Feb 3 (Tue)        4.40 km        10.34 min/km    Baseline            First run in the Singapore heat!

Feb 5 (Thu)        4.01 km        9.43 min/km    2:2 Breathing     Found a "Brisbane Gear" (6.3 km/hr).

Feb 7 (Sat)    5.53 km             9.41 min/km    Milestone Run    Longest run to date. High consistency.


"This week was about more than just mileage; it was about the internal engine.  I reintroduced multivitamins into my daily routine.It was the human 98 octane additive I might need.

Nutrition also took a pivot. While many runners swear by protein isolate or the likes, my body sent a clear signal that it wasn't the right fuel. I’ve officially switched to soy milk as my post-run recovery ritual. It provides the plant-based protein my muscles need without the digestive drama.

On the road, the challenge was a 'niggle' in the right hip. Rather than risking an injury, I chose the Small-Step Method Pat advocates. This adjusted my cadence, allowing for a slower but much more comfortable 5.5km buildup. As the saying goes: It is better to finish slowly than not at all.


 Coach’s Comment:

“Tricia’s decision to prioritize 'Strategic Small Steps' over raw speed is the hallmark of a veteran runner. By protecting her hip today, she’s ensuring she can train tomorrow. That 9.41 min/km pace while managing an imbalance shows incredible efficiency. She isn't just running; she's engineering a comeback.”

Comments